The Chancellor’s Guild
Call for Applicants to Chancellor’s Guild Program
At UC San Diego, we offer students extraordinary opportunities to break through old traditions and create new ones—like our now-forming UC San Diego Chancellor’s Guild. Student members will have the unique chance to serve as the faces and voices of UC San Diego.
As a volunteer CG ambassador, you’ll network with current and prospective students, alumni and donors at campus functions. That includes special events at the historic Audrey Geisel University House overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
Have you already started your nontradition of excellence? We welcome your leadership and positivity. If chosen as a CG member, you’ll broaden and deepen your UC San Diego experience, now and into the future.
The Chancellor’s Guild program’s mission is to offer undergraduate students the opportunity to promote a positive image of UC San Diego to current and future students, alumni and community members. To that end, student members of the Chancellor’s Guild will assist the Chancellor’s Office and various campus departments with campus events. Students are chosen for this program on the basis of academic standing (3.0 minimum GPA), ability to communicate their knowledge of and pride in UC San Diego, proven leadership skills as evidenced through involvement in campus or community service organizations and willingness to work together to advance our campus.
- 3.0 GPA or higher with full-time enrollment status
- Ability to communicate knowledge of and pride in UC San Diego
- Willingness to work together to advance our campus
- Submission of application form and resume
- Proven leadership skills, evidenced through involvement in campus or community service organizations
We look for students who …
- Share a strong enthusiasm for UC San Diego
- Are articulate, professional and responsible
- Work well with individuals and groups in a public environment
- Can memorize and present information accurately and concisely
- Can address all questions optimistically
- Are active in the UC San Diego student community (student clubs and organizations, community resource centers, athletics, etc.)
- Are available during spring and/or summer breaks
- Can lift up to 40 pounds (Admissions brochures)
- May be transfer students, bilingual or study-abroad returnees