The Chancellor’s Medal recognizes visionaries whose long-standing contributions have supported promising students and furthered meaningful research, community leaders who have helped the campus and local communities grow and prosper, and extraordinary individuals who have inspired our community and enhanced the quality of life of San Diegans through their involvement with UC San Diego.
Conceived in 2000, the Chancellor’s Medal is presented in conjunction with celebrations marking Founders’ Day, November 18.
- 2012 Bob and Betty Beyster
- 2012 Arthur Brody
- 2012 Julia Brown
- 2012 Peter and Peggy Preuss
- 2012 About the 2012 recipients (1)
- 2012 About the 2012 recipients (2)
- 2011 Richard and Rita Atkinson
- 2011 John and Ann Davies
- 2011 Sheldon and Susan Engelhorn
- 2011 Anne Ratner
- 2011 L.S. and Aline Skaggs
- 2011 About the 2011 recipients
- 2010 Pauline Foster
- 2010 Audrey Geisel
- 2010 Irwin and Joan Jacobs
- 2010 Jerome and Miriam Katzin
- 2010 Ernest and Evelyn Rady
- 2005 Maurice and Charmaine Kaplan
- 2003 Darlene Shiley
- 2003 Charles Robins
- 2002 Malin Burnham
- 2000 Neil Morgan
A complete nomination will include:
- A one-page cover letter from a primary nominator transmitting the nomination, including a statement of the nominee’s affiliation with UC San Diego.
- A narrative (no longer than two pages) that briefly describes the individual’s distinguished achievements in his/her profession and the exceptional service that has benefitted the University.
- A one-page summary resume (optional).
- A one-page letter from a secondary nominator in support of the nomination.
How to Nominate
- Complete the form below.
- E-mail PDF, text, or MS Word documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail your nomination to:
Chancellor’s Medal Nomination
c/o Chancellor’s Office
UC San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive # 0005
La Jolla, CA 92095-0005
If you have further questions about your nomination, or the process in general, please phone (858) 534-6861.