The Chancellor’s Medal recognizes visionaries whose long-standing contributions have supported promising students and furthered meaningful research, community leaders who have helped the campus and local communities grow and prosper, and extraordinary individuals who have inspired our community and enhanced the quality of life of San Diegans through their involvement with UC San Diego.
Conceived in 2000, the Chancellor’s Medal is presented in conjunction with celebrations marking Founders’ Day, November 18.
Chancellor’s Medal Recipients
- Peter C. Farrell
- Richard Hertzberg and Carol Dean Hertzberg
- Marion and Kwan So
- Daniel Yankelovich
- Video about the 2016 recipients
- Bob and Betty Beyster
- Arthur Brody
- Julia Brown
- Peter and Peggy Preuss
- Video about the 2012 recipients (1)
- Video about the 2012 recipients (2)
- Richard and Rita Atkinson
- John and Ann Davies
- Sheldon and Susan Engelhorn
- Anne Ratner
- L.S. and Aline Skaggs
- Video about the 2011 recipients
- Maurice and Charmaine Kaplan
- Darlene Shiley
- Charles Robins
- Malin Burnham
- Neil Morgan
A complete nomination will include:
- A one-page cover letter from a primary nominator transmitting the nomination, including a statement of the nominee’s affiliation with UC San Diego.
- A narrative (no longer than two pages) that briefly describes the individual’s distinguished achievements in his/her profession and the exceptional service that has benefitted the University.
- A one-page summary resume (optional).
- A one-page letter from a secondary nominator in support of the nomination.
How to Nominate
- Complete the form below.
- Mail your nomination to:
Chancellor’s Medal Nomination
c/o Chancellor’s Office
UC San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive # 0005
La Jolla, CA 92095-0005
If you have further questions about your nomination, or the process in general, please phone (858) 534-6861.