On Friday, October 4, 2019, I was invited to take a tour of the construction site of the new North Torrey Pines Living and Learning Neighborhood. Take a look at the progress.
Opening next fall, the $400M development includes buildings varying in height up to 14 stories that will include:
- Approximately 2,000 new beds, resident facilities and support space for undergraduate students
- A new home for Sixth College
- New instruction and research space for departments and programs within the Divisions of Social Sciences and Arts and Humanities
- General assignment classrooms
- Residential life space for students and staff
- Ancillary maintenance and operational support space
Retail operations along Ridge Walk and the project promenade as well as a market and dining facilities will energize the neighborhood. The re-envisioned Craft Center will return to UC San Diego offering students, faculty, staff and local community members unique opportunities to connect, create and collaborate.